How could you resist a creamy, rich pasta, with sweet peas and mushrooms full of flavor? You can’t!
This pasta is easy, delicious and can be cooked in under 20 minutes! It’s perfect for a quick dinner with friends and family.
My favourite type of noodles to use are linguine noodles because they are fun and they soak up all of the delicious cream sauce. You can use frozen or fresh peas and this recipe would be delicious with pancetta or chicken on top.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 500g uncooked pasta (linguine is my favourite)
- 500g green peas, frozen
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil + more for drizzling
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Add pasta to a pot of salted, boiling water and cook until al dente, or firm to the bite.
- While the pasta is boiling, defrost the peas if they are frozen, finely dice the mushrooms and thinly slice the shallots.
- Strain the pasta and drizzle a little oil over the top to prevent sticking.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute, or until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine with all other ingredients.
- Take the pasta dish off the heat and add one cup of parmesan cheese, stirring until fully melted.
- Enjoy your delicious dish!